Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sai Spiritual Showers - Issue 3/06


I saw teardrops glistening,
In Your enchanting lotus eyes,
Ashamed am I, sweet Lord,
It made me realise,
I have to break all my ties...
With selfish pursuits,
Vested interests, mean motives,
And tinsel yearning...
With I, me and mine,
With erratic ego,
I have to break all links...
For these things take me,
Away from Thee,
And I do not see any reason to live,
Beloved Bhagawan,
If I am not connected to Thee...

I do not see any reason to live,
If I don’t reach out to all as Thee,
For the core of every being,
Represents You for me...
...I do not see any reason to live,
If I don’t practice what You teach,
For then Your code of conduct,
I do breach...
You are the reason for me to live,
You are the reason I breathe,
So I must choose You,
Over anger, lust, attachment and greed...
Or else life has no worth,
And oh! so vain is this birth...
...To You, a hundred per cent,
Of myself I have to give,
For I cannot see,
Any other teardrop does glisten,
In Your beautiful eyes,
Oh! precious Lord, permit me,
To hasten,
To break the ties...